Friday, June 10, 2011

Last weekend my sister and I hosted a baby shower for my Sister-in-law. My sisters house was the perfect place and the evening went great. We had 25 people RSVP and everyone showed!!! It was very busy but I think everyone had a great time. It was a cocktail/mocktail theme.

My best craft creation so far! I am so glad I saved all my formula cans. (Jay wasn't so happy that I stored them) I wrapped cloth around them and they worked great for party favors. I filled each with a plastic shot glass, mini Bacardi or Absolute, a tin filled with either Pina colada or margarita jelly belly's and a mini alcohol filled chocolate. The two bigger cans I filled with Grandma gifts for each grandma. I also forgot to take a picture of the three scrapbooks I made. I made one for each grandma and Shaila. They were filled with baby pictures of Chris and Shaila from 0 - 7 years old.

I didn't mini individual serving samples. We also did a dessert bar instead of the traditional cake and cupcakes. My sister in law likes a strawberry frosted sugar cookie that I make so I made sure we had lots of cookies.


We served 4 different cocktails and 3 mocktails.



Aunt Karen and I enjoying a cocktail. Jay's Aunt stayed with us the entire weekend and we had a blast. Conner was so upset when he woke up the next day and she was gone. He keeps asking me when she is coming back. Jay's grandpa also stayed with us. It was a very busy yet exciting weekend. Congratulations Chris and Shaila, we can't wait to meet the little guy!!! Love you both lots!!!

No comments: